The Event Greening Forum strives to provide a platform for sharing information and best practice around event greening principles and practices, as well as raise awareness and promote training opportunities for event greening principles and practices. The most effective way to ensure this is through building a membership base of support and interest. This section provides information about EGF membership.
How to become a member
If you would like to become a member of the Event Greening Forum, please first read through the membership codes as well as the membership criteria and categories. You will then need to submit the on-line application form for approval. Costs are in line with the members criteria and categories, while the application process is outlined on the application form.
Should you require any assistance with this process, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Pippa via email on email@example.com or call in on 011 447 4777.
Membership of the Event Greening Forum has a number of benefits:
- Knowledge: Access to the latest information around event greening in South Africa.
- Value: Receive discounted prices for Event Greening Forum Courses and events.
- Marketing: Your company profile will be included on the EGF website, with a direct link to your website.
- Network: Your details will be listed on the membership database. Linking up with other people that support event greening in South Africa through networking opportunities such as presentations, networking functions, field trips & other forums.
- Sponsorship: You can demonstrate and profile your green leadership by sponsoring an event if you are a member.
- Preferred service provider: EGF members will be recommended to those seeking green products and services; members who offer training can request to conduct courses on the behalf of the EGF.
- Use of logo: Except for students and individuals, paid up EGF members can use the EGF logo for marketing purposes.
The Forum has been established with support from the industry and they are recognised as Founding Members:
- Exhibition & Event Association of Southern Africa (EXSA)
- Southern African Association for the Conference Industry (SAACI)
- Southern African Tourism Services Association (SATSA)
- Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa (Fedhasa)
- International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) Africa
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Network SA
- Technical Production Services Association (TPSA)
- South African Roadies Association (SA Roadies)
Should you be a member of any of the above eight associations you will be legible for a 10% discount on your membership fees.
Please note, individual membership of an above association will enable a discount on individual membership of the EGF, but not for a company-related category; company membership of an above association will enable a discount on a company-related membership of the EGF, but not for the individual or student categories.