The aim of the Event Greening Forum (EGF) is to promote and embrace sustainable and ethical business practices within the events industry in South Africa, with an initial focus on meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions and events (hereafter called events industry). The EGF was established through the dedication and support of the industry associations who are recognised as founding members.
The following objectives have been identified for the Event Greening Forum:
- To be industry driven and have mandated representatives from main industry role players;
- To set minimum standards around event greening within the industry;
- To raise awareness and promote training opportunities for event greening principles and practices;
- To ensure appropriate marketing and branding to promote event greening principles and practices;
- To provide a platform for sharing information and best practice around event greening principles and practices;
- To integrate current initiatives and role players and to draw existing frameworks into one system as far as possible, rather than develop an independent entity;
- To initially work as a voluntary system, but encourage regulation;
- To ensure communication with Government to promote event greening processes, standards and regulations;
- To raise funds to ensure the long sustainability of the forum; and
- To â€œwalk the talkâ€ through our actions based on the triple bottom line principle of people, planet and prosperity.
- Professional Conference Organizers (PCOs) and Destination Management Companies (DMCs)
- Exhibition and Events Organizers
- Suppliers and Sub-contractors (infrastructure, AV, transport, products, etc)
The Event MagazineÂ is part of the Film & Event Media stable, and is the official media partner of the Event Greening Forum.
Meetings Magazine is part of the 3S Media stable, and is a newly formed partnership with the Event Greening Forum.
In 2011 the following eight associations became Founding Members of the Event Greening Forum, and have provided strong support with its structural development and marketing